My Dearest Husband, (originally sent via email...)
I'm dropping you a 'not-so-subtle' hint for my birthday this year. It's 12 days away....start thinking about it RIGHT NOW! I realize you're busy, and that after 14+ years of knowing me, you still have a hard time shopping for me. So, I've decided to give you a list...that way, you're happy that you don't have to think of things on your own, and also, I'm happy...you thoughtfully are giving me exactly what I will love.
Requests for my B-day:
#1 - Dinner and a movie - no kids. Friends can be included, but NOT invited to OUR house for cake. I don't want to worry about cleaning my house for company. This should be a standard rule for my b-days. If going to a dinner and movie is NOT possible all in the same night, then I will take a raincheck for the movie and we can attend another night without friends. (I'm stating this because we have friends who might possibly NOT splurge on a 'real' movie)
#2 - A cheesecake from Costco. If they have it, I would LOVE a key lime cheesecake. If not, I will gladly devour a cherry or strawberry.
#3 - Two matching chairs for the dining room table. We've already discussed this one and I think we're in agreeance. I would like to pick them out, however, and will gladly use my b-day $ from parents/grandparents to contribute towards the purchase. We can start looking as early as tonight, if you wish. I'm hoping to find something at RC Willey Clearance, but if that fails, I did see some really cute ones at TJ Maxx that I'd check out again.
#4 - The DVD version of 'Little Women' - the one with Winona Ryder and Claire Danes in it. You may have to ask Brenna about where to purchase it....I know I've seen it at Target and possibly Walmart, but it may require looking at the FYE store or Best Buy.
#5 - A card from YOU. Hopefully, professing your un-dying love for me. Maybe even including what a great mom I am and how you just couldn't get through life without me and my beautiful smile. I know that you may not possibly REALLY think these things, but it IS my birthday after all and you could just FAKE it, if you have to. I am in need of some ego-boosting, so carry on as much as you wish to.
I love you. Hopefully, my requests will not be too much to handle and hopefully, you will see the wisdom in me sending you this list. Or, you could just think I'm a brat...not sure which way it will go.
Toodles.
Me
Response: sent via email:
Dearest Wife,
I loved seeing you smile this morning when I asked you to to kiss my bruised lip. When I'm silly like that its just to see you smile. I love you. Thanks for the b-day hints. And thank you for realizing that I really do need them to be able to make my gifts more meaningful and practical. Love your bum and your cute smile.
Love, Husband
Brielle Gymnastics
8 years ago

6 comments:
My goodness! That was a little glimpse into Kim (his response) Of course he loves your bum. Who doesn't:) Hope all your bday dreams come true. We can discuss it at the Bee on the 27th.
I pretty much loved this post. Love, love, loved it.
Sounds like it's gonna be a great bday.
From one who can relate cuz Kim came from the same mold as Kirt, I just loved your post! I will have to try that one. It's funny how we have to S-P-E-L-L I-T O-U-T for them! I even remembered that your day was coming but then again in August-all of you have b-days!
Oh....and what is this "I want the Winona Ryder/Clair Danes version of Little Women?"
Don't you mean: I want the CHRISTIAN BALE version of Little Women?
You know Kim so well! Good luck on your birthday!
Hope you had a great birthday, and that you didn't feel obligated to eat that cupcake sent to you... I'm afraid to hear how it survived the trip. Here's to many more years!
Post a Comment