Santa came early for me this year. Well, actually, he's been here twice now. On Black Friday, a beautiful Nikon SLR camera was brought home for me. It was lovely to look at, it took lovely pictures, but the price was, well, not so lovely. Although it would have been nice to keep, it just had too many features - I need something I can throw in my purse and use in a split second notice. This camera was not for me. Large and bulky, extra lenses, too many pieces to lose, too many features that I would never learn how to use. And, did you know that with an SLR camera, you can't view the picture that you're taking unless you're looking through the viewfinder? I know, I'm totally spoiled by technology, but I like not having to use the viewfinder and being able to see my shot on the LCD screen. And, this particular camera had a feature that just seemed trivial, but insane to me: The lens cap had no way of attaching to the camera! I was supposed to keep track of this itty bitty piece and not lose it! So, after having it a few days, the guilt overcame me and we returned the camera.
Since then, Santa has delivered this beauty:

I'm pretty sure that Santa had to be talked into it a little, but since I'm the one that actually uses the camera, I won the battle. It's got a great zoom, a tilting LCD screen, and best of all, the lens cap attaches to the camera! As a bonus, we didn't have to sacrifice paying the mortgage next month to have it. Now, I feel like I can carry on with my Christmas festivites, camera in tow. Thanks, Santa... I owe you one (**wink, wink**).
4 comments:
You are too funny! I need Santa to come to my house too!!
Nice...does it take as good a picture?? a tilting LCD?? Fancy!
Have you noticed that things always have to be done twice for you? Two bikes, two cameras. I'm surprised you haven't traded in Kim for a new model *wink wink* Maybe that's next?
Bring the camera to the next Bee/Scrap get-together. I want to see her up close and personal.
Nice!!
Post a Comment