Monday, June 8, 2009

Four Years Ago....

Natalie arrived. She was a whopping 8 lbs. 10 oz and was still almost a week early...Yikes! She was a scheduled c-section because of her decision to wrap herself in the umbilical cord and then do a flip inside. Breech and strangling herself, Dr. Gordon decided that she would be born on June 7th, 2005. And, so she was....
I can't believe that my "baby" is four...the time has just flown by. I ask her often if she will always be my "baby". She almost always replies "I am not a baby, but I will be your big girl!"
We've had a busy weekend with family in town for baby Halle's blessing (Brenna's baby girl) and Natalie's birthday to celebrate. Saturday we went to Fuddruckers with our huge group and ate and had cake & ice cream. Natalie even opened her presents a whole day early! Lots of dress up stuff and fun things to keep her busy. Sunday, her actual birthday was pretty uneventful. We spent it in Salt Lake with Brenna and Chris for the blessing. This morning, we prepared for a "Dora Beach Party"...even though it was about 70 degrees outside. We decided to forgo the beach theme and stayed inside and did our best to keep her friends entertained for 1 1/2 hours! They had a fun time together and we'll save the beach party for better weather. Happy 4th Birthday, Natalie!

4 comments:

The Leiseths said...

We can't believe you're a big 4 year old girl, either... Happy Birthday, Natalie!
From the Leiseths

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, she is so cute and I can't believe your baby is 4 either it does go by way to fast. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Carolee said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! Like it or not, she will always be your baby. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. We missed you @ scrap. We had fun (or made our own fun) I think we have sworn off Archivers now too. Next Bee @ Vickie's next Scrap @ mine.

April Nielsen said...

Happy Birthday Natty. Of course she would choose a Dora theme. The air show was totally worth it. I said a few times that Mike should text Kim and see if you were there seeing what we were seeing. Hope you had fun with your fam.