Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Donations Anyone?


Sunday afternoon Kim and I were just awaking from the mandatory Sunday afternoon nap (yes, it's mandatory at our house that on Sunday afternoons it is quiet for at least 2 hours in the afternoon. The kids all know that if they wake me up, the house better be on fire or someone is bleeding to death)when Natalie wanders into our room with the Target Toy Catalog that had come in the paper that day. She was also carrying a marker. She hops up onto the bed and opens the book up and begins to show us what she's up to. The conversation went like this:
Me: What are you doing with that marker?
Nat: I'm making a list.
Me: What list?
Nat: A list for Santa.
(Because I get multiple papers on Sunday (coupon freak) Emily had also gotten a catalog and had a marker and was circling all the "must haves" for the season)
Me: You sure have alot of things circled...(most of the catalog!)
Me: Are you sure that Santa can bring all that?
Nat: Yep, he has a BIG bag.

Today, I caught her looking at her "book" again with the marker in hand in case she had missed something the first time! I love it! She is at that perfect age where she has discovered the magic of believing in Santa. She's old enough to really want something specific...she has been enthralled with 'Baby Alive' the baby that really pee's into a potty....she has talked non-stop about the doll for over a month, reminding me that Santa will be bringing her one. The best part is that she couldn't quite say it right and it came out "Baby Ga-lie". I am so excited to see her on Christmas morning this year. It makes me a little sad to know that every year after this one, we lose another magical Christmas morning with small kids. They're all getting so big, so fast and losing the 'magic' of it all.

Hopefully the Santa that visits our house can afford this 'Baby Alive'....she's $50!! Can anyone say E-Bay? I think we may need to have a fundraiser for our Santa....donations anyone?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah, Hailey showed up to the breakfast table this morning with the Target catalog. They've been making and revising Christmas lists for at least two weeks. It's probably my own fault for playing Christmas music already.

Vickie said...

Sweet girl. I had a baby ga-lie and she was awesome.
I love the wish books and I remember looking at them at my grandparents every year. I know for a fact that Natalie will get the baby alive because that is how Santa rolls.

Stephanie said...

I love this! I remember getting the JCPenny Christmas catalog and circling everything I wanted which was basically the whole catalog. Just give her everything she wants. Why not? :)